Find articles to help build writing and media literacy skills. All articles detail the lesson’s content, explains it’s real-world connection, and sample assessment techniques. This site also provides worksheets to accompany each lesson’s topic. Additionally, find lesson plan outlines, as well as links to FREE internet resources for each article.
Language Arts and Literature is closely connected, so you will see a close correlation between Reading and Writing. These include;
- Research methods (credible sources vs. incredible sources…. documenting your sources.)
- What is digital citizenship? (Exploring the Internet safely.)
- Exploring narrative writing using picture books
- What is persuasive writing? (Students will read examples of persuasive articles and compose their own letter about a topic that currently concerns them within their community or school.)
- What are different genres (types of writing)?
- What is media literacy?
- Exploring informational writing using magazines, newspapers, and online sources.
- Components of strong writing (ideas, organization, word choice, voice, sentence fluency, and conventional correctness).
- What is a paragraph? (parts of a paragraph, as well as different types of paragraphs)
- Poetry elements
- Different parts of speech (noun, verb, adjective, adverb, conjunction, interjection, preposition)
- The importance of using text features in nonfiction writing